segunda-feira, 24 de abril de 2017

BURDA STYLE PATTERNS . A NEW LOVE AFFAIR?

Burda Style is THE sewing magazine in Portugal. When I started sewing I bought a couple of issues and, though I liked several designs, I never got to sew any of them. Why? Because the sewing instructions where totally impenetrable. It was as if I was reading Chinese! So I put them aside and continue sewing with more friendly indy patterns…

Fast forward a couple of years and I started reading my friend Mie blogposts about her Burda Style creations and loved them so much I thought I had to give them another try. And I am so glad I did! I still can’t understand a word of the sewing instructions but the fitting of these patterns is absolutely great for my body type.

So here is my last Burda Style make!
PATTERN: Triangle Back Blouse from Burda Style Magazine 04/2016 Pattern 114. This is an easy fitting and easy to make blouse. Though from the front it looks like quite a simple blouse (I skipped the front opening), there is this really cute v-line neck opening at the back. The neckline is finished with a facing, my favorite way of finishing this kind of blouses. And there are bust darts… Oh how I feared bust darts… But, but after watching a couple of Youtube videos about it, I am ok making them now. This blouse has been in heavy rotation and I have already plans to make another one. So can this be the beginning of a new love affair?
FABRIC: Liberty Mitsi from Cousette. A couple of years ago Cousette, a lovely French online shop, was kind enough to sponsor Paris Sew Social and I got this gorgeous piece of Liberty fabric from them. Of course, I was so afraid of cutting it stayed in my stash all this time. But I am glad I waited! This fabric has the perfect drape for this pattern. Of course sewing with Liberty was a pleasure and wearing Liberty is also a pleasure…

Did you know Fashion Revolution Week just started? This is such a great movement! Check all the details about it here. And there is also a fun challenge going on, courtesy of In The Folds. Check it all here and don't forget to publish your makes with #makersforfashrev.

8 comentários:

  1. You were right to wait to cut into this gorgeous fabric! You have chosen a perfect pattern for it. I quickly out this pattern on my To Buy list :) The back detail is so pretty.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you Jenya! You should get this pattern. It is so easy to sew and so comfortable to wear. You will love it!

      Eliminar
  2. I have that issue of Burda too! I've got to give it a try! Lovely blouse!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I loved your Burda Style makes Gioia. I think this one is a must make for you. ;-)

      Eliminar
  3. Adoro!! Que lindo, e fica-te a matar!! E esse liberty <3 <3 <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Obrigada Isa! Nem acredito que tive coragem para cortar este precioso Liberty...

      Eliminar
  4. It is beautiful!! And that fabric, yum! And I totally agree that the instructions are like Chinese LOL. Luckily we can sew without them, right ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks Mie! I am glad you showed me it is possible to make nice clothes with Burda patterns. I wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't for you.

      Eliminar