segunda-feira, 9 de setembro de 2013

PROJECT RUN AND PLAY . O+S POPOVER SUNDRESS

Hoje começa mais uma temporada do concurso Project Run and Play e, claro, vou tentar participar todas as semanas no sew along.
Os temas desta temporada são giríssimos!
Esta primeira semana o objectivo era reinterpretar o molde Popover Sundress da Oliver and S. Quem passa por aqui já sabe que adoro os moldes da O+S. As roupas são bem desenhadas, simples e intemporais. O design dos próprios moldes é perfeito. E as explicações e moldes também.
Já usei o molde Popover Sundress vezes sem conta. Até já o transformei umas vezes (vejam um vestido, outro vestidoum top e dois macaquinhos) mas nunca tinha experimentado fazer roupa de outono/inverno a partir dele.
Mas há sempre uma primeira vez!
Finalmente consegui arranjar coragem para cortar um dos tecidos que comprei na Dinamarca… As cores e o padrão não são nada “portugueses” e também são bem diferentes dos que costumo usar.

Project Run and Play new season starts today and, of course, I will try to sew along every week.
As usual, this season’s themes are amazing!
This first week we were asked to flip Oliver and S’ Popover Sundress Free Pattern. I think you already know I love O+S Patterns. All outfits are simple and timeless but also super cool. The patterns’ design is perfect and its instructions are really clear.
I've sewn with Popover Sundress Pattern countless times. Actually, I've already flipped it (check out this dress, this other dress, this top and a these rompers) but had never tried to make an autumn / winter outfit with it.
Well, there is always a first time!

I finally had the courage to cut one of the wonderful fabrics I bought in Denmark... Its design and colors have nothing to do with the fabrics I can find in Portugal and are also very different from the fabrics I usually sew with. A lot bolder, I must say...


Afinal o que aproveitei e o que alterei no molde original?
Aproveitei:
. O molde do corpo.
E alterei muitas coisas! Aqui estão elas:
. Incorporei a peça de remate do peito no corpo do vestido de formando uma gola que adoro!

But what did I keep and what have I changed in the original pattern?
I kept:
. The bodice shape.
And I added and changed lots of things! Here they are:
. Incorporated the yoke in the bodice in order to create a nice collar!



. Adicionei mangas compridas com efeito “duplo-balão” com a ajuda de vários elásticos.

. Added long sleeves with "double-balloon” effect, made with several elastic pieces.


. Adicionei bolsos laterais com interior em tecido branco liso e remate com fita de viés cor-de-rosa.




. Added side pockets made of simple white fabric and finished them with pink bias tape.

 
 
Nada como um guarda-roupa alegre para os dias mais cinzentos de inverno!
 
There's nothing like a colorful wardrobe to cheer the grayer winter days!
 
 

 


36 comentários:

  1. I LOVE the length of this dress. Its just adorable and your daughter is absolutely adorable as well. Yep we sure do need more bright colors in the winter : )

    ResponderEliminar
  2. So incredibly cute!! Love the fabrics and pockets!! Great job!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Adorei as alterações Marta! As mangas estão divinais.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Wow, Marta!
    Nem sei por onde começar: Gosto de tudo (e acho que mal conseguia identificar o pattern original)!
    Adoro o estilo do vestido, o padrão usado (acho que não tinha coragem de usar, mas ficou super giro) e as fotos estão magníficas!!
    Congratulations!!
    PS. And it's totally your signature style! Stunning, as usual :-)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Beautifully made and photographed! And worn!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. So cute! The sleeves are so perfect! I'd love for you to link your outfit to our Fall Clothing Party!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Fun, bold colors....hard to even 'see' the popover sundress in your creation! Impressed you are planning for the winter months already....

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Wow, Marta! This is so beautiful. I LOVE the fabric and your flip. Great job!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Beautiful photography, beautiful girl, and BEAUTIFUL dress!!! Great job!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. That fabric really is something! I love the look and such great pictures!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. So beautiful dress!!! I love the sleeves.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. This is just perfect! Amazingly beautiful dress. And I'm SO jealous of the weather you're having right now!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. tomorrow and the day after it will be 22º (minimum)/33º (maximum)!
      :)

      Eliminar
  13. Gorgeous dress, fabric and photos! I love the little bit of pouf in the shoulders; your daughter is adorable!

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Love the shape of the sleeve! Beautiful dress!

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Marta! Que bonito!!!Beautiful, I'm in love of the fabric and the shape you have created for this remix. Very clever.

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Thank you so much for all your comments!
    I'm glad you liked the dress as I was a bit concerned about such bold colors...

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Just wanted to let you know that you were featured today at my blog Get Your Crap Together!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Those pockets are great! And the bubble sleeves--how fun.

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Great dress--love the fabric, sleeves and those pockets!

    ResponderEliminar
  20. That neckline and the pockets? AHHHH---they are so cute!!!! Love, love!!!
    elizabeth

    ResponderEliminar
  21. Those sleeves are just adorable!! Lovely job!

    ResponderEliminar
  22. Ainda que o tecido não seja do género que vemos em Portugal adoro o padrão!! Faz lembrar os da Ottobre... Adoro!! O vestido está lindo!!
    nancy

    ResponderEliminar
  23. It's beautiful! I am drooling over that fabric too!

    ResponderEliminar
  24. I'd be curious to know how you made the sleeves!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I started with a regular short puff sleeve pattern. First I turned it into a long sleeve by adding some length. Then I gathered at the upper arm with a bit of elastic sewn directly to the fabric and gathered at the wrist by incasing another bit of elastic in the hem.
      I think I will be working on a pattern or a tutorial on these sleeves very soon...

      Eliminar
  25. Olá Marta tudo bem?
    O molde deste vestidinho tb está a venda? eu ame!!! :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Obrigada! Por enquanto ainda não está para venda.
      Mas tanta gente gostou deste modelo que acho que vou tentar organizar o molde para vender....

      Eliminar
  26. I would love a tutorial or pattern on those sleeves. So fun and unusual!!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Did you see my replay to "mjb"? I've just explained her the way I made those sleeves. I will think about making a "real" tutorial or a pattern very soon!

      Eliminar