segunda-feira, 19 de agosto de 2013

TINNY'S TINY FLIP

Este mês o molde base do concurso Flip This Pattern organizado pelo blog Frances Suzanne é o vestido Tinny lançado pela An do blog Straight Grain. Mesmo sendo Agosto e tendo as miúdas de férias, não podia deixar de participar no sew along…

This month at Flip This Pattern series over at Frances Suzanne everyone is flipping Straight Grain’s Tinny Dress! And, despite having Teresa and Ines home for their summer holidays, I absolutely had to flip it too...


Acabei por conseguir fazer não uma mas duas transformações do molde original. Hoje vou mostrar a primeira, uma transformação mais pequena e discreta, no final da semana falarei sobre a segunda, maior e mais radical!
Tive a sorte de ser “pattern tester” deste vestido e, por isso, já o tinha feito uma vez na sua versão original. Mais precisamente, já o tinha feito numa das suas múltiplas versões originais porque o molde tem uma série de opções: 4 golas, 3 saias e 2 magas. É uma verdadeira “mix and match pattern”!
 
I ended up making not one but two very different flips. Today I will show the first one, a tiny flip, and by end of the week I'll blog about the second one, a bigger flip!I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester for this dress, so I have already made it in its original version. More precisely, I have already made it one of its many original versions because the pattern has a several different options: 4 collars, 3 skirts and 2 cuffs. It is a true "mix and match pattern"!


Para o vestido de hoje optei por manter a construção do corpo, escolher uma das golas que o molde disponibiliza, a gola “peter pan” e uma das mangas, a manga “tulip”. A minha ideia original era fazer uma saia “circle”, também incluída no molde, porque sabia que a Teresa iria adorar. Mas, quando dei por ela, o tecido não era suficiente! Assim, acabei por inventar uma saia de pregas. No final juntei um cinto e o vestido ficou pronto!
O tecido principal foi comprado na feira de carcavelos a 2 euros o metro mas é 100% algodão e tem um “cair” óptimo! A gola, o remate das mangas e o cinto foram feitos com restos de tecido de uma camisa de homem. (Não me canso de dizer que adoro aproveitar os tecidos das camisas de homem que me dão! Mais uma vez obrigada Patrícia!) Como a cor do tecido principal é um pouco triste, resolvi juntar um vivo encarnado na gola, nas mangas e no cinto. O fecho do cinto foi comprado numa retrosaria de Copenhaga.
O molde original, além de ser fantástico e ultra versátil, inclui dois tutoriais que mudaram a vida de “costureira”: como aplicar fechos invisíveis e como aplicar vivos. Tudo bem explicadinho e cheio de fotografias passo-a-passo!

To make this dress, I kept the bodice shape, added one of the pattern’s collars, the peter pan collar, and one of its cuffs’, the tulip cuff. My original idea was to make a circle skirt, also included in the pattern, because I knew Teresa would love it. But I run out of fabric! So, I ended up making a pleated skirt with the help of my calculator... With this kind of skirt a belt was mandatory, so I finished the dress by adding a homemade fabric belt!The main fabric was purchased at a local street market for 2 euro per meter but it is 100% cotton and it drapes really nicely! The collar, the cuffs and the belt are made with fabric scraps from a man's shirt. (I can never get tired of telling you how much I enjoy sewing with fabric from old men's shirts! Thank you, once again, Patricia!) As the main fabric color is not very bright, I decided to add some red piping on the collar, the cuffs and the belt. The belt buckle was purchased from a haberdashery in Copenhagen.The original pattern is not only great and ultra versatile, but it includes two tutorials that changed my sewing life: how to apply an invisible zipper alive and how to apply piping.
Everything clearly explained with step-by-step photos!

Embora o vestido seja bastante citadino acabei por só conseguir tirar as fotografias no campo com a companhia do Biscoito, o cão de casa dos meus pais…

NOTA IMPOTANTE: este mês a Ana Sofia, uma portuguesa que faz coisas incríveis, está a participar no “verdadeiro concurso”. O vestido que ela fez é lindíssimo e decididamente merece ganhar por isso não se esqueçam de votar nele a partir de sexta-feira!
 
Although the dress is quite “urban”, I think, I ended up taking Teresa’s pictures in the countryside white the company of Biscoito (Cookie), my parents’ dog...




12 comentários:

  1. LOVE this!!! The grey is perfect and with red and white highlights... Beautiful work :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Está super giro!
    Gosto imenso da saia de pregas (uma perdição) e o cinto dá-lhe um toque super especial - recordo-me bem da fivela. É tão gira!
    Mal posso esperar pelo 2º flip - adoro as tuas versões radicais, lol!
    PS. Obrigada pela nota ao meu flip. Só quando li o post pela segunda vez é que reparei (da primeira, não li o itálico). Obrigada pela força!!!
    ana sofia

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This is so sweet - and so beautifully sewn! Those pleats! Amazing. I love the graphic lines and flashes of colour that piping add to this dress, I've got a real obsession with piping, it tends to crop up on most things I sew! Be warned, it can become addictive.I've just 'flipped a Tinny' too, with a piped collar, of course. It's amazing how different all the variations of one pattern are! Yours is so simple, urban and sophisticated, mine is a little bit crazy! I'd love it if you'd take a look! as-it-seams.blogspot.co.uk. Thanks Victoria

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Beautiful dress! Love the pleats and the belt! Stunning details! Can't wait to see your "big flip"!!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. My goodness......I want to sew something in this color scheme RIGHT NOW!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Oh, I so love this dress and would take one in my size! I think it is the combinations of the colors, the plaid, the pleats and the belt...just love them all!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Marta, this is such a beautiful flip!! I LOVE everything about it. Te piping, the pleats, and the supercute little belt... Thank you SO much for being such an amaing 'Tinny ambassador" ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
  8. So beautiful, Marta! I love grey and orange color combination and the belt adds more vintage looked :)

    ResponderEliminar
  9. So chic!I love the skirt part, belt and your combo of gray and red.
    (Zipper installation changed my life as well :)

    ResponderEliminar
  10. The colors! The pleats! This dress is so well done. I love it.

    ResponderEliminar